Friday, June 24, 2011

Verses on Friday

Happy Friday everyone!  Another week has rolled by and I'm glad you stopped in today for another "Verses on Friday" post.

How was your week?  I have to admit I didn't get any time in my studio this week.  I've been working at VBS all week and well, to say I'm exhausted would be an understatement!  So, for this week's Verses card, I thought I would share with you a card from a class I taught several months ago.  We focused on using "Shimmer Mists" in the class.  We had a fun time "playing" with the mists.
The Verses Rubber Stamp I used for this card is BB0441-E "Begin Each Day".  Yeah, I use this stamp a lot.  Are you like me?  When you find a stamp you love you just seem to reach for it all the time?  This particular stamp has gotten a lot of "ink time" with me!

So, to make the card, I used a Sizzix embossing folder "Corners, Damask".  I brushed Sugar Cane Tattered Angels Glimmer Glaze on the corners and sprayed the rest of the folder with Tattered Angels Pashmina Glimmer Mist.  I put my paper in the folder and embossed, then let it dry.  After it was dry, I "distressed" it with  Distress Ink Tea Dye and Walnut Stain and Colorbox Gold Ink.  I then stamped Hampton Arts "Steam Punk" stamp with Walnut Stain ink on the right hand side.  The butterflies are also from the Hampton Arts "Steam Punk" set.  Those were stamped with Walnut Stain ink and sprayed with Ranger Perfect Pearls Turquoise Mist.  The picture doesn't show it, but the card has a beautiful shine to it!

Hope you enjoyed today's card.  I have to say, it was a really fun card to make.    See you again next week!
Heather

Supplies:
Stamps:Verses BB0441E "Begin Each Day";  Hampton Arts "Steam Punk" set
Ink:  Ranger Distress Ink Walnut Stain and Tea Dye; Colorbox gold
Embossing Folder:  Sizzix "Corners, Damask"
Mists:  Ranger Perfect Pearls Turquoise Mist; Tattered Angels Glimmer Glaze- Sugar Cane and Glimmer Mist- Pashmina
Cardstock:  Bazzill

2 comments:

  1. This is my first visit to your blog, but it definitely won't be my last. You cards are absolutely gorgeous. You put so much work into each one and your Verses Stamps are so appropriate on each one. Kudos!!!!
    I love that I can get stamping ideas from this and I also love Verses Stamps, I have several and need to get more.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Heather, love your cards! Looking forward to seeing more of them.

    ReplyDelete