Friday, July 1, 2011

Verses on Friday- My Hero Honors

Thank Goodness it's Friday!  And I'm so glad you stopped by today for another Verses on Friday post.  Today is the last day before our 3-day Holiday weekend and I can't be happier!  Do you have fun plans for the Fourth of July weekend?


Well, July 4th is what inspired my Verses on Friday post today.  I have wonderful memories of growing up in a small town and going to the Fourth of July parade (and sometimes even marching in them!).  And I also have wonderful memories of taking my little ones to Independence Day parades.  But this weekend is also a time to reflect on those who have given so much for their country with their service.  We have so much to thank them for!  So if anyone stopping by has or is serving our Country or you are the spouse of someone who has/is,  THANK YOU!
This week's card uses the Verses Rubber Stamp MC0344-F  "My Hero Honors".  Not much more I can say about this stamp-  I think the stamp says it all perfectly!

I also used My Favorite Things stamp from the Pure Innocence line- "My Balloon".  This little cuties dress was paper-pieced with Designer Paper from K&Company "Americana".  I cut the balloon and string off the stamped images and replaced if with the American flag from the K&Company "Americana" Die Cut pack.  All supplies are listed below.

Also, the challenge this week at StampinsistersinChrist.blogspot.com is a "red, white and blue" Thank you card.  So, I'm submitting this in the challenge there.

Well, I hope you enjoyed this week's card and I also hope you enjoy your weekend!  Try to get some creative time in, if you can!  See you next week!
Heather
Supplies:
Stamps:  Verses Rubber Stamp  MC0344F  "My Hero Honors";  My Favorite Things Stamps  Pure Innocence- My Balloon
Ink:  Memento Tuxedo Black;  Ranger Distress Ink Walnut Stain
Designer Paper:  K&Company Americana
Cardstock:  Bazzill
Die cuts:  K&Company Americana
Markers:  Copic
Other:  gold rhinestones

4 comments:

  1. This is adorable! Love the flag and the sentiment is wonderful! Thanks for joining us in the red, white, and blue challenge at Stampin Sisters in Christ!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is just precious..Wonderful layout and loving that flag. Thank you for joining us at Stampin Sisters in Christ.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a beautiful and patriotic thank you card this is! Lovely sentiment! hugs, Angela

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love your Heroes Stamp! What a great stamp for my Be a Hero, Thank a Hero event, where my friends make cards for our troops overseas!

    ReplyDelete