Friday, May 20, 2011

Verses on Friday- Comfort in Knowing

Happy Friday, everyone!  Hope you all had a wonderful week.  I'm so happy you stopped by again to take a look at my current Verses on Friday project.  And, hopefully, Blogger is kind to us this week and this post actually appears with no problems!

This week I decided to bring to you another Sympathy card using a Verses Rubber Stamp.  Unfortunately, I always need to have Sympathy cards on hand.    And just yesterday, I received news of the passing of an amazing man, of whom I have wonderful memories.  It's definitely times like these that words don't seem adequate.  But my wish is that those loved ones that receive a Sympathy card from me know the love and prayers that go into that handmade card.   So, here is my Verses card from this week:

This week, I used Verses Rubber Stamp SY0525-E "Comfort in Knowing".  This was a very simple card to make, but I love the colors.  The colors are very soothing and restful to me- how about you?  The Designer Paper is K&Company Wild Saffron line and the fabric brad in the top corner is from the same line.  I used my Xacto knife to cut the butterfly's wing out and tucked the sentiment underneath to give some dimension.  And, of course, I had to use some Distress Ink Tea Dye on the edges.  You know me- have to have some Distress Ink on there!

Thanks for stopping by this week!  I hope you enjoyed the project and always love to hear your comments!
Heather

Supplies:
DP:  K&Company Wild Saffron
Ink: Ranger Distress Ink Tea Dye,  Memento Tuxedo Black
Stamp:  Verses Rubber Stamp Sy0525-E Comfort in Knowing
Brad:  K&Company Wild Saffron fabric brad
other:  blue gems

No comments:

Post a Comment