Friday, May 13, 2011

What a Week & Copics

Have you had a crazy week this week?  It certainly has been an odd one here!  And someone reminded me that today is Friday the 13th!  haha  As many of you know, because of your own blogger accounts,  blogger has been was down for about a day and a half!  And, like many of you, I did loose any drafts and some comments that I had during that period.  Yikes!

So, instead of my usual "Verses on Friday" project today, I thought I would tell you what I did yesterday.  But a little back story first :)

Do you use Copic markers?  Enjoy them?  Love them?  or Just don't get it?  I have to say, the first few times I picked them up and started to use them, I just couldn't "get it".  I didn't understand what was so special.   So, I took a class on Copics  to learn more about them.  That truly helped me so much.  If you haven't taken a Copic class and are struggling with using them- please find a class!  It will help you understand and appreciate them so much more!   But the one thing I would tell anyone about using Copics is this-  PRACTICE!  The more you practice, the better you get.  Truly!  I never thought I would get the hang of it, but.....

Now after telling you all that, can you guess what I did yesterday?  I went to the Copic Standard Class and received my Copic Certification!    Yes!  I'm so excited about it!  I was so happy to be accepted for the class and eager to learn more and improve my skills.

The incredible Colleen Schaan was our instructor yesterday.  Let me just say, that women has enthusiasm like no one I've ever seen before!  I loved learning from her and really wish I could be more like her in my instructing!  The day just flew by and I wish I had another day to spend with her.  Thank you so much, Colleen!

Also, I had the chance to meet some amazing other papercrafters and artists yesterday that attended the class.  For those of you there yesterday, I can't wait to see what beautiful Copic creations you create!

So, sorry no card today!  But I hope you come back next week for another Verses on Friday project (as long as blogger allows us to next week).  Until then have a good week!

1 comment:

  1. Wish I had known you were there! I just left Columbus several hours ago after the Intermediate Certification today! I was actually there on Thursday night!

    ReplyDelete