Friday, April 22, 2011

Verses on Friday- Easter 2011

Hi, everyone! and thanks for stopping in for another Verses on Friday post.  

This is a busy weekend around our house.  We have lots of plans for Easter this year and hoping the rain holds off so we can enjoy the Easter egg hunts!  How about you?

As I mentioned last week, I wanted to post another Easter card for you today, using a Verses Rubber Stamp.  Last weeks card was a bit whimsical and fun, so this week my direction was more elegant and simple.   
This week, I used Verses Rubber Stamp "Christ the Lord" EA0257-E, which I stamped with Distress Ink Walnut Stain onto DCWV Designer Paper from "The Performance Stack".  I just bought this Stack recently and I'm loving it.  It's so my style!

Also, on top of my Verses sentiment, I stamped the cross from Inkadinkado's "Holiday Filigree" with Distress Ink Scattered Straw.  I wanted to stamp it with a "tone on tone" look, so that the image is there without taking away from the sentiment. 

And speaking of "tone on tone" stamping, this week's challenge at Stampin' Sisters in Christ is just that!  It's been a few weeks since I've joined in on any challenges and I'm really trying to re-organize myself so I can get out and go play on some various challenge blogs.  Hopefully you will see more blog posts from me as I start entering more challenges!

I hope you enjoyed my Verses project today.  Thanks for much for stopping by!  I would love to hear any comments, also. 

Heather
Supplies:
Stamps:  Verses "Christ the Lord"  EA0257-E;  Inkadinkado "Holiday Filigree"
DP:  DCWV "the Performance Stack"
Inks:  Ranger DIstress Inks  Scattered Straw and Walnut Stain
Die Cuts:  Spellbinders Nestabililities Curved Rectangles
Pin:  Maya Road
Other:  black cardstock, ribbon









1 comment:

  1. Heather what a beautiful Easter card! I miss singing this old hymn! Gorgeous bow and stick pin! Thanks so much for playing along with us at Stampin Sisters in Christ! Have a blessed Easter!

    ReplyDelete