Friday, April 29, 2011

Verses on Friday- a Mother's Place

Happy Friday, everyone!  So glad you stopped by today to see my Verses on Friday card.  I can hardly believe another week has passed.  Here we are at the end of April.  Is it just me or do the weeks seem to go by quicker and quicker?

And Mother's Day is quickly approaching as well.  In the U.S., we will be celebrating Mother's Day on May 8th this year.  So, today, I thought I would share with you the card I have made for my Mother (by the way, Mom, if you do not want to see your card, now is the time to leave my blog!)
What fun this card was to make!  The Verses Rubber Stamp I used was FM0209 D   "Mother's Place".  I recently purchased the Maya Road mini chipboard cameos set.  Love them!  I painted the three separate pieces with Adirondack Dabber Paint in gold and Inkssentials enamel accents in black and white.  I'm really happy with the way they turned out!  Unfortunately, the light from my light box gives a reflection on the white of the cameo.  It is not that way in reality.  The white enamel dries smooth and gives such a nice shine.

Hope this gives you some ideas for making your Mother's Day cards this year.  

Thanks for stopping by today and hope to see you again next week.
Heather

Supplies:
Stamp: Verses Rubber Stamp "Mothers Place"  FM0209D
DP: BasicGrey "sweet threads"
CS:  Bazzil
Ribbon: May Arts lace
Chipboard: Maya Road mini chipboard cameos set
Diecut:  Spellbinders Labels Eight
Paints and Inks: Ranger Big & Bold embossing ink, Ranger detail black embossing power, Adirondack acrylic dabber paint gold, Inkssentials enamel accents black and white
Other: pearls

No comments:

Post a Comment